The Fashion Chronicles: Maxi Skirt
Styling your Maxi Dress.
by Shop By Amy
Long-length maxi skirts are a great flexible option for almost any occasion, whatever your personal style. They can be a versatile, flattering, and often comfortable choice in any outfit. You can dress to impress in a maxi skirt, whether in the office, at a casual weekend hangout, date night, or at a formal occasion like a wedding or black-tie event.
Maxi skirts come in a wide range of different styles, materials, and even lengths.
- It can be really easy to find the right look for any occasion. There are so many styles of maxi skirts, including ones that are A-line, circular, flowing, form-fitting, pleated, or slitted.
- Maxi skirts come in a range of solid colors, patterns, and prints. They are made in a wide variety of fabrics. There are skirts in fabrics like chiffon, tulle, taffeta, or velvet for more formal events.
- Depending on the look you’re going for and your personal style, you have maxi skirts that range in length from just above the ankle at the shortest to long floor-length and floor-sweeping skirts.
For those who are petite or anyone concerned that a maxi skirt might overwhelm their frame, it’s only a matter of finding a skirt to fit your silhouette. There are a few different ways to elongate your look or create the appearance of more height:
- Consider pairing your maxi skirt with a cropped top or halter top
- Both v-necks and vertical stripes can be elongating
- Accessories such as wide belts and high heels work well with maxi skirts
If you are of a slim, taller build, there are also some styling tips that can help you pick out the maxi skirt for you.
- You could choose to break up the length of your look by pairing your maxi skirt with a shirt that ends up at the hip or a button-down blouse worn tied at the waist.
- At opposite ends of the spectrum, a pencil-type maxi skirt could be a chic work look, while a billowy maxi skirt is a great choice to create a more relaxed off-the-clock out.
The Weekends Be Like Skirt Set in black is an excellent option for a summery black maxi skirt set. In a matching polka-dot pattern, this skirt set features a smocked tube top on top. This is paired on the bottom with a black maxi skirt with a smocked waistband and an a-line silhouette that features sexy dual thigh-high slits. This black maxi skirt set is perfect for cocktail parties and summer garden parties. It is available in a full range of sizes, including plus sizes.
The Zebra Print Pleated Maxi Dress is a maxi dress that wears like a maxi skirt set. The dress features a crisscrossing cutout halter neckline atop a pleated skirt with an empire waist. It’s an easy one-piece outfit for your next cocktail or garden party.
Ready to find the maxi skirt or maxi skirted dress for you? Browse the wide range of dresses and skirt sets in maxi lengths available on Shop by Amy. With a wide range of styles, there are many options to choose from to put together your next great look.